Puppies

Puppies

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Tests to be performed and Thoughts

I had a follow-up check up today, a week after the d&c. Everything is fine, there is no pregnancy tissue left, ovaries look ok..

I also confirmed with my gynae the blood tests that are to be performed during my next period, and they included whatever that I've read about online - thyroid levels, antiphospholipid syndrome, thrombophilia, hormone levels, diabetes. He said that there would be no answers 90% of the time for recurrent miscarriages.

I have been thinking the past few days whether I would rather have an underlying issue pinpointed so that treatment can be done, or have the results show no issue at all. I've concluded that no news is good news. If there is no underlying issue surfaced, we can try again with an optimistic view and with precautions if the gynae recommends it, be it baby aspirin, heparin or progesterone supplements. Only time will tell... Waiting for my next period to be here!

Meanwhile, the gynae had given me 'hospitalisation leave' until this Friday. I will be going back to work next week. After my first d&c back in 2014, I was really dreading going back to work as I had announced my pregnancy to my colleagues, and I had to update them about my miscarriage. I just wanted to run away and hide so badly. It was hard holding back my tears as I updated each colleague when they asked me what had happened. This time, I did not announce my pregnancy to anyone except my team... Although my colleagues would probably know what was going on, but at least I have no obligation to update them.




No comments:

Post a Comment